Life itself is a game, and it’s no wonder the gaming industry has successfully catered to everyone in one form or another. With the plethora of choices accessible, old and new, there’s certainly no shortage of supply in sight anytime or anywhere. Yes, more than a few share similarities in story, premise, gameplay, elements, visual quality and so on. Yet despite so many projects repeating formulaic and familiar themes, there’s always something unique standing out. Developer and publisher, Hidden Path Entertainment, succeeds in this endeavor with their latest jewel, Windborne.
World-building turns into a feast for the eyes in this delightful social sandbox game as players customize their male or female characters, explore colorful realms, unlock secrets and treasures, collect artifacts, craft equipment, loot priceless items, breed dragons, learn to fly, defend against enemies, befriend adorable creatures called Jin, and establish new civilizations for them to thrive in. But that’s not all, even those who’ve had the opportunity to play the game during its alpha testing will see a swarm of new features as they take part in more creative discoveries, invite or join communities on quests, share creations, visit and trade with owners, or attack their islands.
After appearing PAX Prime in Seattle last year, the game received acclaim which remained continuous through and during its alpha testing.
And guess what? Early access on Steam is now available! Excitement is buzzing already, and the stills reveal stunning visual hints of what’s in store for gamers who share a fondness for older versions of Zelda games and Minecraft.
Hidden Path’s Michael Austin, Project Lead, had this to say about getting Windborne to early access, “I love the idea of Early Access – we can gamble on a new idea with a small team, and still have a chance to make a world that can grow and evolve into something epic. I am more excited about Windborne than any game I’ve worked on in the last 15 years.”
So ask yourself, where will the wind take you?
Game Play Features:
- Building – With a wide variety of building materials, furnishings, and artifacts, you can build whatever you can imagine.
- Crafting – Everything can be made and improved, and everything you make has a purpose.
- Exploring – You will be part of your own story as you explore an interesting world that is full of wonder and surprise. Explore millions of ruins filled with puzzles and treasure.
- Guiding – Guide the Jin to civilization by defending them, building homes for them, and teaching them, and they will help you in return.
- Community – See other islands floating by, and visit them to trade with their owners. Join your friends and help them build their town.
- Dragons – Breed dragonlings to unlock special abilities, including the ability to fly!
- Combat – Defeat enemies that are encroaching on your island, or try assaulting a copy of your friend’s island to test its defenses.
- Quests – Pick and choose quests to give you optional challenges that net big rewards.
Hidden Path offers a celebratory early access launch discount price of $23.99. This gets you the Early Access build, the final release game, and all content upgrades up to release. Windborne is available on Steam for PC here http://store.steampowered.com/app/221560