Back in May of 2013 C + 2 got to experience an extreme privilege when one of their own visited the dedicated, talented team at Grinding Gear Games in Auckland, New Zealand. After taking time out of a busy schedule to give a generous tour of their facility, and an interview with producer Chris Wilson, they shared the free-to-play action RPG game that helped shape their company: Path of Exile.
Subsequent to the announcement of the open beta in January of 2013, the list of subscribers rose to 2 million by March. Since the full release in October of the same year, 11.2 million joined the game’s ever-thriving population of players. Before long Path of Exile was named PC Game of the year by GameSpot 2013, Best PC role-playing game of 2013 by IGN, Game of the Year 2013 by PC Powerplay, Game of the Year 2013 (jointly won with Papers, Please) by Hyper Magazine, Best Hybrid MMO 2013 by MMORPG.com, and more. The first digital expansion, Sacrifice of the Vaal, arrived in March 2014, then came another expansion, Forsaken Masters, the following August. Next month is the upcoming fourth act, The Awakening, which is already generating buzz among fans worldwide with a host of new features (see list below).
The Awakening takes the player on a dark journey, descending into the depths of a nightmare. Great secrets about the world of Wraeclast will be discovered and even greater battles will be fought. With a crazy new twist on the iconic Passive Skill Tree and numerous systems changes, this expansion has been internally dubbed Path of Exile Version 2.0.0. The Awakening completely changes the Path of Exile experience and includes new items, monsters, maps, skills, and many quality of life improvements suggested by the Path of Exile community.
Fans of Diablo 2, Torchlight and other fantasy RPGs yet unfamiliar with this massive growing phenomenon should not only give the game a chance but visit these sites to learn more and discover great updates.
Main Website: http://www.pathofexile.com/
Developer Website: http://www.grindinggear.com/
Youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/grindinggear
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pathofexile
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/pathofexile
C + 2 wishes to congratulate the incredible team members of Grinding Gear Games on the awesome success of Path of Exile!
Path of Exile: The Awakening Features:
- The Beast Awakens: Act Four continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Voll, Daresso, Kaom and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries, and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 70 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment – the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: We’ve made extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
- Complete Rebalance: We’ve reconsidered every core game system and rebalanced Path of Exile from the very first level. With these enhancements, both new and experienced players will enjoy The Awakening.
The Awakening expansion is scheduled for release in June.